We Tyconians and Legonians are a democratic group of people. This document will help us live better. Only when this document is followed will we live better. This is for the good of all.
The Article of the Government
1. There are two branches to the government – the legislative and the executive.
2. The legislative branch is to be parted into two houses – the House of Representatives and the House of Judges. The House of Representatives shall consist of no more than nine representatives, who are to be elected by the people. Each one is to be elected for 1 election period (3 months), and then he must be re-elected. The House of Judges is to consist of six Judges, who are to be elected by the people. They too serve of 1 election period (3 months).
3. Bills may originate in either house. To pass to the next house, it must get a majority vote. If it does not, it is discarded. In the next house, it must get a half of the total members to pass onto the president. If it does not, it must go back to the first house where it must get a unanimous vote to go on the the president. In case of a tie in either house the Senior Vice-President votes.
4. The executive branch is to consist of the Junior Vice President, Senior Vice President, and the President. All are elected by the people and will serve for life.
5. In order for a bill to become law, it must be signed by the President and a vice-President. If the President vetoes it, then it may be overridden in one of two ways: a). both vice-Presidents must sign the bill, or b). It must get a 3/4 vote of the Combined Congress (both Houses).
6. The house of Judges will form a court whenever a matter is in question. The proceedings will be prosecuting witness, defense cross, defense witness, prosecuting cross until all witnesses have been exhausted. The Judges will then pass the verdict (arrived at by a majority of votes), and the punishment (also arrived at by a majority of votes).
7. If, after 3 ballots, the House of Judges is unable to reach a conclusion on the guilt of an accused, then the Senior Vice-President is to break the tie.
The Article of the States
1. Territories must go through the bill-to-law process to become states.
2. The states are permanent. New states are not allowed to be made out of old ones.
The Article of Wartime Procedures
1. Only the president can declare war. If the President is hurt or otherwise unable to do so, Congress votes on a war declaration.
2. The Army shall consist of anyone willing to serve. It not enough people are willing to serve, then Congress may institute a draft.
3. The House of Judges appoints officers for the Army.
Rull #1: The must be an equal amount of all recognized political parties in the central government.
Rull #2: No Rebellions will be allowed.
Rull #3: It is the duty of the police to aid the president.
Rights and Roman Numerals
I. Freedom of the Press is granted to everyone, so long as it does not injure another’s reputation while being untrue.
II. Freedom of Speech is granted to everyone, so long as it does not injure another’s reputation while being untrue.
III. Slavery is not allowed in Legoland.
IV. Congress cannot pass an ex post facto law.
Article of Amendment
1. Any amendments that must be made the the constitution must be approves by a unanimous vote of Congress and signed by the President and both Vice-Presidents OR it must be approved by a unanimous vote by a majority of the political groups that compose Legoland, and then signed by the President and a Vice-Prosident or by both Vice-Presidents.
Article of Ratification
1. In order to be Ratified, it must be signed by a majority of the political groups recognized in Legoland. Any that do not approve it will not be represented in Congress.